Monday, January 09, 2006

Every Child Wants a Pony


Child or not, I want my pony! When I was younger I had a good friend that owned several horses. She was horse crazy and had everything to do with them (bedspread, plates, pictures). She invited me over to ride one day and I remember being a tad tentative because I had never been around them. I most certainly had never ridden one. Sure it sounded fun, but they were huge and spirited and I was small and scared. That all kind of faded away as I walked toward Sam to get to know him better. He was an older, gentler horse and Andrea couldn't have chosen one more suited for me. He even had kind eyes and I knew that he would be good to me. We rode all day, I even got up the courage to gallop. It was fantastic and I've wanted one for my very own ever since. Not as a pet, but as a friend. I think that someday it might be meant to be.....at least I hope it will.

No comments: