Tuesday, October 30, 2012

things that make me go hulk...


Yes, the Hulk.  People who really know me probably know how I feel about cell phones in general.  I .....hate.... them.  That may seem like a childish statement and sentiment, but I honestly and truly do.  Pressure to get one has been applied by all members of my and Mikes family.  And after a car accident earlier this year, I did start bringing along a phone for emergencies only (I can literally only dial 911).  I really feel like this week has been a culmination of irresponsible cell phone usage around me.  From the woman who made me miss my light because she was looking into her lap to text (this is just flat out dangerous!) /to the woman who walked through the door that I had held open for her and didn't say thank you because she was too "deeply involved" in her conversation/ and to the woman who spent the whole meal  out with her children ON THE PHONE.  People...can we please get it together?  Or are we going to let cell phones alter our humanity?!?  I feel myself changing, much like the Hulk...that is to say, not for the better (unless Loki is attempting world domination...bursting out of your clothes and bashing random people about is unacceptable).  Can we please show some decency?  Thank the person holding a door open for you....be considerate towards other drivers.....and please please pay attention and show love to your children!  I hope people really will change, but for the better.  Otherwise I see my wanted face on the 10 o'clock news in the near future.

Good day.          I believe I said good day!

P.S.  When the lady did not say thank you for my holding open the door, I am ashamed to say I yelled out "YOU'RE WELCOME!".  But she never even turned around....so I doubt that she'd heard or even cared.

3 comments:

Beck said...

I would have yelled at her, too! When you're neglecting everyday life because of electronic devices, it's time to put them away for an extended vacation. Sorry, sis. :(

Mike said...

Yes, I can attest that she is not fabricating her story. She did yell.

Kira said...

I am so glad you have enough sass to call her out. I am with you. We have cellphones but I am not attached to it and do choose to not take it or not answer it if the moment is not appropriate. Techno has a place, but it is not at the dinner table unless someone is dying.