Sunday, October 21, 2012

a little Clarke in the Park







Yesterday we had Blaine's school picnic.  I'm now committee chair for special events so I put the party together.  Let's just put this out there, but I am a terrible leader.  I do not know how to delegate and I'm always filled with doubts about my ideas.  So planning a party for non-family members was a bit of a challenge.  But it happened and it wasn't a disaster :) and I'm pleased!

Have you ever had to put together activities for a large group of children?  I thought, what a cinch lol.  I had planned on doing relay races with the kids to get them ready for the 100 yard dash they're doing come fundraiser day.  Oh naive Lisa.  Have you any idea how hard it is to wrangle a bunch of hard of hearing and deaf kids?  It's hard!  There's too much noise and they're looking this way and that...but they had fun anyway and that's what matters!  And looking back, I wouldn't change a thing.

Plus.......there was cake :)!

P.S.  On a side note these pictures were taken after the picnic....just our little family.

1 comment:

Beck said...

Like herding cats. Haha! Any group of kids is hard to get going no matter the disability.