Saturday, May 29, 2010

good costumes, bad costumes....



Star Wars......so GOOD




Flash Gordon......good movie, BAD costumes



Equilibrium......GOOD costumes



Eragon.....good book, bad movie.....BAD costumes


I really get into movie costumes. Does anyone else? Sometimes....so terrific....others.......well, not so terrific. Here's my list~

Now Star Wars seemed a little extreme and out there when the series first came out. But really, you can't compare it to anything that's been done before because this exists outside of our galaxy. You know what I'm saying? I really love Han Solo's costume especially. It really captures his renegade personality. The star fighters jumpsuits are really cool too.

Flash Gordon was a pretty fun and silly movie. I don't think it was meant to be serious either. Having said that, their costumes really were over the top. They looked like they were put together real quick. And not well. Like every single piece was stitched together from the cheap and leftover cloth bins.

Equilibrium was totally underrated as a movie. However, that's neither here nor there. Let's talk about the wardrobe. Clean and simple lines...well done. Believable, I'd say. You can really feel the mood they're trying to convey.

When you read a book you like and it gets made into a movie, you'll almost always be disappointed! Eragon is no exception. And you know what? I can't even tell you what was so bad about it. It just was. The costumes started to annoy early on. A farm boy wearing perfectly pristine clothing? Yeah, that's what I thought too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought of writing for a local paper...you and Becca have a good eye, ear, and stuff in between....Mom

Beck said...

Love you! I am always intrigued by what you post. :)