Tuesday, March 02, 2010

ode to my son...




I love it when he wakes me up in the morning....I hear the pitter patter of chubby feet.
When he's frustrated with me and breaks down in tears, I like to pick him up and hold him close until he likes me again.
The warmth of his hand when he places it in mine is joy, even if it means we're just crossing the street.
I'll kiss his boo boos and he'll calm down immediately. He kisses my boo boos and makes me smile.
He's my shadow when I vacuum.
When he's tired, happy, or sad...he loves to stroke my hair so soft it almost lulls me to sleep.
And I really love it when he feels comfortable enough and safe enough to fall asleep on my lap.
From beginning to end.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Very nice description! You know that Blaine always "likes" you. Even when he's frustrated. <3

Weimergal said...

What a great ode...

Beck said...

Very sweet, Sissy.

Anonymous said...

Beatiful is there a song there? Miss him and....you too! love mom

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Is there a song in somewhere? Miss Him and you...too. Love Mom