Saturday, September 10, 2011




I'm a pretty picky person when it comes to books that have been made into a movie. They almost always get it wrong. And it is always different. I watched "Howl's Moving Castle" before I even knew it was a book.
Hayao Miyazaki is A-mazing, by the way. Sorry, back on track here.....the book was very different from the movie. I liked both though! I wasn't disappointed at all (and that's rare for me...I won't even buy books that have movie-adaptation covers lol). So I say - thumbs up to both. Great read and watch for sure and I highly recommend them:).

P.S. on a side note.....both the Lord of the Rings books and movies are also fantastic. Obviously...very different but still really good.

3 comments:

Seth said...

Yay, I love Miyasaki films and Howl's Moving Castle. I was afraid of reading the book because I like the film so much, but I'm considering reading it now (my sister Sara Lyn recommended it as well).

Starpix said...

I felt the same way Seth. It took me a long time to pick up the book. But it's well worth it. A slew of new characters, a combination of two worlds that wasn't addressed in the movie. Since I like them both so much with their differences, I pretend they're separate entities, lol.

Beck said...

Great...Now I really want to read the book.