Monday, November 09, 2009

10 favorite movie scores....


1. Lord of the Rings; excellent theme. actually, several excellent themes within this score. (Howard Shore)

2. The Bourne Identity series; a little techno action....kind of fun to work out to, lol. (John Powell)

3. Schindlers List; so moving, the strings...the strings! John Williams is one of my favorite composers of all time. In fact, he makes my list several times.

4. Memoirs of a Geisha; Yo yo Ma on the cello...need i say more? (John Williams)

5. Star Wars; this theme rocks. so much energy! i'm not usually for horns, but it really works here. (John Williams, see what I mean?)

6. Robin Hood Prince of Thieves; again, horns here and some really beautiful strings. also for the witch, a really creepy violin . it works on so many levels. (Michael Kamen)

7. Gladiator; enya does part of this score...when he's moving through the wheat, you know what I'm talking about? her voice sounds so ethereal. (Hans Zimmer)

8. Emma; this is one of two really light-hearted scores on my list. simple and sweet i think. also, this one is written by a woman....who'd a thunk.(Rachel Portman)

9. Howl's Moving Castle; a new favorite for me. a happy little waltz....unique and fun. (Joe Hisaishi)

10. Final Fantasy X; i cheated here, because this is a game...not a movie. but it's my list, so my rules lol. i love love love love this music. it is all over the map...which makes it so great! (Masashi Hamauzu)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I love the horns in Robin Hood, kind of nastalgia. Also the music from Hunt for Red October, but otherwise, I agree. Glad you're posting!

Dad

Beck said...

I think LOTR is my fave, too...along with Bed of Roses. Don't know why, I just love it. :)

Sara Lyn said...

I love the soundtracks to Ratatouille, Meet Joe Black, and Pirates of the Caribbean in addition to a whole bunch of others. Especially LOTR. And the original HP theme.