Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Paper Mania

I work in an industry where we use a lot....A LOT...of paper. We use anything from vellum to mylar to cardstock. Anyway, the whole point of all this useless information is that I've been experimenting with different kinds of paper (see Japanese Prints). So I asked the man in charge of reprographics here to send any scraps that we couldn't use, my way. A couple of days had passed and I forgot all about my request when, in comes Ralph with a 20 ft. roll of rag vellum and all for me to create with. I guess paper companies send out "sample" rolls that never get used. Which is fine by me because I am now the proud owner of a 5 by 20 foot roll of paper. Now how am I going to get it into the car?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Explain to me what VELLUM is....I realize it is a kind of paper...like a fabric kind? Hey, could you score some free paper for me?

Starpix said...

lol, vellum is a semi-see-through paper. It's higher quality than most papers and it has a much nicer finish. But it's not soft enough to be used in place of fabric. But it would be great for those nice cards that you do or perhaps decoupage. Wow...I should sell this stuff..I am good! But anyways, hehe, I could definitely score you some free paper. :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Love you too...and do I need to come get the paper? I have the next 2 weeks off...lol!