Friday, January 13, 2012

the girl in me.....

So maybe I've just realized that I'm a girl and that I love girly things sometimes. And since I hit a big milestone this year (it's something that rhymes with flirty but is not nearly as cute) I've been trying to take better care of myself. I'm also cheap. I'd like to take better care of myself and my wallet. So here's a really great facial scrub recipe that I came across.



you're going to need a half of a lemon (or some lemon juice)
a teaspoon of granulated sugar.
and 2 cotton face pads

First you squeeze the lemon juice onto your stacked cotton pads. Then you will sprinkle the sugar on top of that. Any excess sugar on your fingertips, just rub that onto your face. I like to wet my face with water first. In gentle circles massage the lemon juice/sugar/cotton pads onto your face until all of the sugar dissolves. Your skin will be a little red (I recommend doing this before you go to bed rather than in the morning). Rinse your face and let it rest for a minute before applying your moisturizer. This will brighten your skin as well as lighten acne scars, sun or age spots. I've been doing this about every 2 or 3 days for 3 weeks now and I can see a difference. It's an inexpensive and effective home micro-dermabrasion. Hope you guys like it!

1 comment:

Beck said...

I need to try this! My face is terrible right now, as we've already discussed. Love you!