Wednesday, April 30, 2008

quotes that move me...

"Because," he said, "I sometimes have a queer feeling with regard to you - especially when you are near me, as now: it is as if I had a string somewhere under my left ribs, tightly and inextricably knotted to a similar string situated in the corresponding quarter of your little frame. And if that boisterous channel, and two hundred miles or so of land come abroad between us, I am afraid that cord of communion will be snapt: and then I've a nervous notion that I should take to bleeding inwardly. As for you, you'd forget me."

"That I never should, sir: you know" -----impossible to proceed.


Oh my....this passage still makes me cry almost every time. Jane Eyre is, perhaps, my favorite book. With almost every page, I am moved. You love Mr. Rochester despite his flaws. And oh, oh....how I wish that I were as good, kind and courageous as Jane!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful.

Beck said...

The quote is nice, but...how can you love that book!?

Starpix said...

i will not dignify that answer with a response.....lol