Thursday, April 13, 2006

label...

Like many many people, I've spent a lot of time trying to define myself. Or label myself, if you will. I never could figure out where I belonged and still to this day don't really know. There are so many things that I love and enjoy that are on opposite ends of the spectrum from each other. Like movies. I love chick flicks and some days I have to wind down with one after work (Emma, Pride and Predjudice, About A Boy). But I also love action movies (anything Bond, Jackie Chan, Equillibrium, The Transporter) and when I'm feeling particularly excited I just have to sit down and watch one.

I love watching the grace of ballet and the all-out energy of martial arts.
I love celtic music and techno.
I love skirts and overalls.
I love cowboy hats and berets.
I love vegetarian sandwiches and a nice juicy steak.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I don't have to fit in with just any one group. There's a line from one of my favorite movies (Anne of Green Gables, don't you dare laugh :) that goes like this;

"It's not who you are but what you bring to the world that matters."

Think on it...

No comments: